Monday, March 4, 2013

Low Carb Breakfast Casserole

I whipped up this casserole tonight because I didn't have much in my fridge for groceries - all I could scratch up was eggs, sausage, zucchini, bell pepper, and cheese. It was a very hearty & delicious meal!

Ingredients:

9 eggs
1 lb. pork sausage (you could also use diced ham)
1 bell pepper of your choice, diced (I used orange)
Shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
2 zucchini, diced

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. 

Saute bell pepper & pork sausage until the pork is no longer pink. Drain the grease & return to the pan. Add the diced zucchini and cook until crisp-tender.

Beat 9 eggs in a bowl, add about 1 cup of shredded cheese and seasoning of your choice (I used Mrs. Dash original blend.) You could add a little milk or cream to this; I would have, but I had none.

Place the sausage and vegetable mixture in a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Pour the egg & cheese mixture over the top.

Bake for about 25 minutes or until egg is cooked and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Sober

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes … all of it, living SOBER. No beer, no wine, no liquor. I could tell yo...