Sunday, April 20, 2014

Yoga to the Core Day 15

15 days in to #yogatothecore and I'm having a blast and learning so much. The Instayogi's in this challenge with me inspire me to try new things and never say never. I am humbled every day, but also know that my body is capable of more than I once thought. Today's practice was Uddiyana bandha practice. Uddiyawhata? Yeah, that's what I said too. I suggest you do some research on this before diving in. In fact, everything I read recommended being introduced to this by a knowledgeable teacher. In the most simple terms, this is a "lock" and can be beneficial for detoxifying and "elimination" (pooping, you can say it.) It can help stimulate digestion and ease stomach ailments. I could tell just from the little bit that I practiced that this would be very beneficial to me. I was in unfamiliar territory today, but it was also a very intriguing practice and I enjoyed it :-) If you Google Uddiyana bandha or Uddiyana kriya, you will see some very odd pictures and/or videos. Note: If you decide to give this a whirl, be sure to practice it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I attempted a re-do after work and it was VERY uncomfortable :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Sober

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes … all of it, living SOBER. No beer, no wine, no liquor. I could tell yo...