Sunday, April 20, 2014

Yoga to the Core Day 20

Day 20 of #yogatothecore. I've literally been dreading this day. I have never thought about trying firefly. It just seemed so impossible to me, with my hamstrings being soooo resistant lately. I've yet to get to the bottom of that, but I digress. I searched YogaGlo for a tutorial on firefly, and found a 30 minute practice to work up to tittibhasana. I had already done a 45 minute yin/hang class, so this was challenging and I thought maybe I'd exhausted my muscles past the point of begin able to lift into firefly. But there I was. Once, twice, soon a half dozen times. I didn't hold this pose for more than a second or two, and my legs were tremoring like crazy, but I did it!! Super proud of myself today :-) This is a good lesson for me. I've avoided this pose, thinking it was a pipe dream. Never say never!! Your body is capable of far more than you give it credit for. Sometimes the only thing holding you back is your mindset. You might stumble, fall, and crash, but if you keep trying you just might surprise yourself, I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Sober

1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes … all of it, living SOBER. No beer, no wine, no liquor. I could tell yo...